Thursday, October 4, 2018

George Segal

George Segal was an American Sculptor that was born in the Bronx. I think him living in the Bronx was an inspiration for this sculpture, since it reminds me of New York in several ways. The facial expression for each person is frowning, like a New Yorker would have while waiting for the light to turn green in the morning. The body expression and facial expression gives off that New Yorker vibe of "don't mess with me". The walk sign, is interesting because it is lighting up which was cool to incorporate to a still statue. The background puts in the gloomy setting that New York City can have on a cloudy day. I really enjoy this sculpture because I can relate to it since I am from New York. For him to make this out of plaster bandages also is impressive because of how time consuming that must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment